How can we help you today?
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers by browsing our articles and videos.
- Insightly's custom fields list
- Insightly's System Settings
- Recommended Browsers
- Searching in Insightly
- Google integrations available in Insightly
- How to delete Insightly's sample data
Sign up & Log In
- "Insightly for G Suite" versus a non-G Suite account
- How to sign up for a standard Insightly account
- How to log in to Insightly
- How to reset or change your password
- Logging back in from G Suite
- Checking the status of the Insightly website and API
- How to refer a friend to Insightly
- Changing your time zone and calendar settings
- Configuring Insightly for your language
- Set up your account to send email from Insightly
- How to edit or remove your email credentials
- Troubleshooting SMTP and unverified email accounts
- Insightly's mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Supported Mobile Platforms
- Features available on iOS and Android apps
- Scanning business cards on our mobile apps
- Recording audio notes on mobile apps
- How to enable call logging in the Insightly mobile app
Customizing Your Account
- How to set up a field dependency
- Changing your Insightly URL
- How to replace the Insightly logo with your own logo
- What are page layouts?
- How to edit or create a page layout
- How to assign a page layout to a profile
Insightly for G Suite
Managing Your Users
- How to add a new user
- Deleting a user
- Why are users listed as contacts?
- Updating a user's email address
- Reducing the number of users on your subscription
- Following up on new user invitations
Managing Your Subcription
- The Insightly CRM Security & Permissions Guide
- An introduction to Simple and Advanced Permissions
- Overview of Advanced Permissions
- Managing users with Advanced Permissions
- What are roles permissions?
- What are profiles in Advanced Permissions?
How to Set Permissions
- How to switch between Simple and Advanced Permissions
- Managing users with Simple Permissions
- How to set visibility permissions on a record
- Configuring roles in Advanced Permissions
- How to edit or move a role in your permissions hierarchy
- Configuring a profile in Advanced Permissions
- How to anonymize someone's information in Insightly
- How to extract someone's information from Insightly
- Implementing data retention policies in Insightly
- Insightly and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data security
- Information for regulated industries
- The Insightly CRM Importing Guide
- Understanding bulk updating with imports
- Importing overview and tips
- Preparing a file for importing
- What are the default fields in Insightly?
- Sample import files
- The Insightly CRM Reporting Guide
- Overview of Advanced Reporting
- Advanced reporting views
- What is the Opportunity History Report?
- What is the Expected Revenue field in opportunity reports?
- What are Linked Items reports?
- The Guide to Insightly Dashboards
- What are dashboards?
- What are dashboard cards?
- Insightly's standard dashboards
- How to create a dashboard
- How to create a dashboard card
- What are the User Generated Activity and User Activity Reports?
- How to create, edit, and delete report folders
- How to create a custom report
- Basic report filtering
- Adding summary rows to reports
- How to add a chart to your report
Running and Editing Reports
- How to delete someone's information from Insightly
- Linking records
- How to follow records and receive notifications
- Attaching files to a record
- Managing social media links
- What are the Next Activity and Last Activity dates?
- How to delete a List View
- How to create a List View
- How to set up custom filters for your lists
- How to sort list views
- What is the kanban view?
- Updating multiple records with bulk editing
Merging and Cloning
- Duplicate detection
- Copying an organization's address to a contact
- Cloning a contact
- How to clone a project or opportunity
- Finding duplicate records with SmartMerge
- Running a SmartMerge report to find similar records
Categories, Tags, and Custom Fields
- Choosing between custom fields, tags, and categories
- What are tags?
- How to add a tag
- Quick filtering and updating tags
- Setting up and using categories
- The Insightly CRM Custom Fields Guide
- The Insightly CRM Email Guide
- Using your Insightly mailbox address to save emails
- Using Gmail with Insightly
- What happens when I save an email message to Insightly?
- Forwarding versus auto-forwarding email messages to Insightly
- Why aren't things linking when I use BCC to save emails?
- Using Insightly to manage sales
- Tracking opt-in choices for your contacts and leads
- What are opportunities?
- How to create an opportunity
- How to set up opportunity state reasons
- Creating a project from an opportunity
- Setting up your account for lead management
- How to create and manage leads
- Converting a lead to a contact and a sales opportunity
- Setting up a lead assignment rule
- How to use filter logic in lead assignment rules
- Copying custom field values from leads to other records
Pipelines and Activity Sets
- Automation options in Insightly
- What are Pipelines?
- What are Activity Sets?
- How to set up a Pipeline
- How to set up an Activity Set
- How to apply activity sets
- The Insightly CRM Automation Guide
- Overview of workflow automation
- How to configure an automated workflow
- Things to keep in mind for workflow automation
- What are webhooks in the workflow automation?
- What is a Lambda function?
Calendar & Events
Sidebar for Gmail
Sidebar for Outlook
- The Guide to the Insightly Sidebar for Outlook
- What's the Insightly Sidebar for Outlook?
- What are the requirements for the Outlook sidebar?
- How to install the Insightly Sidebar for Outlook
- How to create records from the Sidebar in Outlook
- How to view records in the Sidebar for Outlook
Microsoft Office 365
G Suite & the Gmail Gadget
- Disabling Google integrations
- Linking to files in Google Drive
- G Suite Error: Unable to install
- The Insightly Gmail gadget
- Gadget is not appearing in Google Apps Gmail
- How to disable the Insightly Gmail gadget for select users
Google Contacts Sync
The Insightly Add-on for Gmail
- What is the Insightly Add-on for Gmail?
- How to sign in to the Insightly Add-on for Gmail
- How to install the Insightly Add-on for Gmail
- How to add a contact or lead from the Insightly Add-on for Gmail
- How to save emails with the Insightly Add-on for Gmail
- How to save an email as a record with the Insightly Add-on for Gmail
Microsoft Power BI
File & Document Management
- Connecting Insightly to QuickBooks Online
- Using Quickbooks Online with Insightly
- Connecting Insightly to Xero
- Using Xero with Insightly
- How to create Xero invoice drafts from contacts and organizations
- How to create Xero invoice drafts from opportunities or projects
API & SSO
- Video: Welcome to Insightly
- Video: Managing Relationships with Insightly
- Video: Insightly for Sales
- Video: Insightly for Project Management
- Video: Insightly Account Setup (for Admins)
- Video: Personalize Insightly (for Everybody!)
- Video: Custom fields and custom layouts.
- Video: Top 3 New Features of the New Insightly User Experience
- Video: The Insightly Mobile App
- Video: How to Manage Leads
- Video: How to Work with Opportunities
- Video: How to Use Projects
- Recorded Webinar: Managing Relationships Using Contacts and Emails in Insightly
- Recorded Webinar: Ready. Set. Go! Getting Started with Insightly
- Recorded Webinar: Take Insightly On the Go with our Mobile Apps
- Recorded Webinar: MailChimp Integration
- Recorded Webinar: How to Successfully Roll Out Insightly to Your Team
- Recorded Webinar: Surpass your Sales Goals with Insightly