We are very excited about the improvements we've made to Insightly CRM. Insightly is built to serve your needs, and many of the changes we've implemented in October of 2017 come directly from customer suggestions and feedback.
Administrators can switch your account for all users from System Settings. The New Insightly is enabled for the entire account and can't be enabled for individual users.
The list view grid
Our new list view gives you more control over your CRM information with powerful customization and sorting options.
- Lists and Filters (moved and updated) - Access your standard list views and custom list views with filters from the list view selector in the upper left. See the next section for changes on custom filters.
- Custom List Views - Create your own list views and choose which fields you want displayed and the order they're displayed in. Make private lists or lists to share with your team.
- Custom Filters (moved) - Once you've created a list, set up custom filters to see only the records that match your criteria.
- Import/export sidebar (moved) - Display or hide the sidebar to import, export, access the recycle bin, and view your tags index.
- Sorting - Sort your records by any field. Just click the column header to sort.
- Easier record tracking - Click the star icon in list view or record view to follow or unfollow a record.
Custom filter changes
Your current custom filters will be copied to the new version of Insightly the first time you switch over. After that point, any new filters your users create in either version will not be available in the other version if you switch back and forth. This is because the new filters are not the same and have many more options for you.
The new filters are similar to report filters. The new options give you much more control over filter parameters and the data you want to focus on. To add a new filter, you first need to create a list.
- To create a list, select Add New List View and enter a name for your list.
- Click the filter icon and then Add a Filter Row.
- Enter your criteria for filtering the list, then continue adding rows by choosing AND/OR and entering additional criteria. Your list will be filtered as you enter more criteria, and the filters are automatically saved to the list.
- When you enter more than 2 filter rows, you'll see the Configure Filter Logic option. You can then use Boolean operators to manage the multiple rows.
For example, entering (1 OR 2) AND 3 or 1 AND (2 OR 3) will give you different results. To learn about Boolean operators and nested filters, see Using filter logic for advanced reporting.
- Your filters will automatically save to the list view with each change.
These filters will not be available in the old version of Insightly if you switch back. That's because these options aren't available there. But they will be saved in the new version.
Opportunities, projects, and leads can also be displayed in a kanban (aka pipeline) view by selecting the option above the list and choosing which pipeline you would like to see on the page. In kanban view, you can simply drag a record from one stage to another to update its status. No need to open and edit!
The new record view opens in a slide-out panel, so you can still see and access your list while viewing your record details. Individual record information has been reorganized.
- Permissions lock (moved) - To set viewing permissions for an individual record, click the lock icon. Viewing permissions used to be at the bottom of the record.
- Summary bar - The summary bar at the top of each record highlights the most useful information.
- Pipeline/stage display (moved and updated) - Pipelines and stages are now displayed at the top of records. Change to a stage by clicking on it for faster, easier pipeline management.
- Related subtab (moved subtabs) - Your links, files, and notes are now located in one of the consolidated subtabs. Click Related to view these items in their own sections.
- Activity subtab (moved subtabs) - Tasks, emails, and events related to a record are now sections under the Activity subtab.
Collapsible field groups
Custom fields and sections in subtabs are grouped in expandable sections.
Tags are now located below the record details.
Consolidated & focused search
Everything can now be searched from the global search box, and it's also been given a performance boost to help you find things faster.
Focus your search on specific records by entering a "type:" before your search term. For example, search for project Alpha by entering "type:project Alpha". Search for contact Jackie Brown by entering "type:contact Jackie Brown".
When you're searching from a records tab, like Contacts or Opportunities, you'll also see an option to focus your search on that record type.
And your ten most recently viewed records will appear when you first click in the search box.