When using Insightly Voice, you may encounter these common issues. Try the troubleshooting steps below each issue to solve the problem.
Can't make a call
- Make sure that Insightly Voice is online. Click the refresh icon to reset.
- If it's enabled, check the audio bar directly beneath the refresh icon. If the bar is missing, you may be having issues with your microphone.
- Check your network connection.
- Make sure you've given your browser permission to access your microphone.
- Make sure you have obtained a number to use with Insightly Voice.
The audio quality is poor
- Close any unnecessary background applications or browser tabs that may be diverting resources.
- If you're using a wireless internet connection, switch to a wired connection.
- If you're using wireless or mobile headphones, switch to a wired USB headset.
- Check your device's microphone and speaker volume settings.
- Try to limit the noise surrounding you. Take calls in the quietest location possible to avoid background noise.
The audio is dropping out
- Your network connection may not be strong enough. For the best results, you'll want to use a high-speed network for calling activity. If it's possible, use a separate network for Voice or prioritize Voice traffic on your network.
The audio can only be heard on one end
- Check that your microphone and speakers are enabled and plugged in properly.
- Check to make sure neither party has their microphone set to mute.
- Make sure that you have correctly configured your network firewalls and ports.