You'll often want to receive updates for records that you're interested in. Maybe you want to be aware of changes to a contact or monitor a sales opportunity for progress.
To receive email notifications when a record is updated, there are two things you need to do:
- Follow the record that you want to keep an eye on
- Enable the "Changes to followed record" options in your user settings
You can even auto-follow records as they're edited or assigned. See How to change your notification and auto-follow settings.
To follow a record, open the record and click Follow. Click the button again to stop following it.
A yellow star will appear at the top of the record and in list views for the records you are following.
Email notifications for changes to records
Insightly will send you an "record updated/edited" email when any of the following happens to a followed record:
- A field in the Details or Additional Information sections of the record is updated
- The record is linked to another record
- A tag, comment, or file is added or deleted
Viewing recent notifications
Click the bell icon at the top of the page to view recent notifications, go to your notification settings, or list all the records you are following.
Click Items I'm Following to display the records you're following. You can stop getting updates for a record by clicking the Following button.