Power BI is a reporting tool from Microsoft that you can use to visualize and share your Insightly data. With Power BI, you can create many kinds of graphs and charts—including Gantt charts—from your CRM data, as well as display contacts, leads, and organizations on a map.
The Insightly content pack includes access to your Insightly records and fields, including some common business metrics to help get you started. These include:
- Tables with “grouped” opportunity forecast close dates, opportunity actual close dates, project completion dates, and task completion dates for analysis by month, quarter, or year.
- A weighted value field for opportunities (opportunity value * probability of winning).
- Average and total duration fields for tasks, based on Start Date and Completed Date fields.
- Reports with calculated fields for opportunity win rate (count of won/count of total opportunities) and win rate value (value of won/value of total opportunities).
In each report you can switch to edit mode, where you can change or add additional visuals. On the right side of the screen, you’ll see a list of all the available Insightly tables and fields. Select the visual design, filters, and fields to modify reports or create new ones.
To connect to Power BI:
- Copy your Insightly API key.
- Sign in to Power BI.
- Follow the instructions on the Power BI support site.
After connecting, your Insightly data will be imported into Power BI from the following tables.
|Contacts||Opportunities||Pipeline Stages||Task Complete Date|
|Custom Fields||Opportunity Close Date||Project Complete Date||Tasks|
|Events||Opportunity Forecast Date||Projects||Teams|