If you’ll be creating many custom fields, you may want to group them for better organization. For example, a construction company might have custom fields for projects grouped by customer status and location information.
To create custom field groups:
- Click the profile icon and go to the System Settings > Custom Fields page.
- Select the tab for the record type you’ll be creating fields for (Contacts, Organizations, etc.).
- Click the Add Group button.
- Type the group name and click the Add Group button.
- Repeat the steps above for each group that you would like to add.
- Click the arrows to the left of each group to move them up or down: This is the order in which they will appear when editing or viewing a record. The edit and delete buttons on the right can be used to modify or remove a group.
Your groups are now ready for some fields!