Insightly Classic is the old version of Insightly. It's not available to new accounts. Users on Insightly Classic can switch over to the latest version.
To set up a sharing rule:
- Go to System Settings > Permissions.
- Select the Sharing Rules tab.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Enter a name for the rule.
Include a description of the roles you'll be selecting, like "Operations and Finance Managers" or "Salespeople." If you create many rules, this will help you find it later.
- Select the record type you would like to share.
- Tick the checkboxes for the role or roles that will share this record type. You won't be able to select roles that have no one assigned to them.
Keep in mind that roles higher in the hierarchy can already view records owned by the roles reporting to them. Selecting reporting roles and their manager roles will allow people in the roles below to view records owned by and assigned to their managers.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message will display at the top of the page and your new Sharing Rule will appear in the list.