Sometimes, you want to export your data outside of Insightly for reference, backup, or importing into another program. You can export an entire category of data or just a subset of records from the list views, or you can export data from a custom report. Either way, Insightly will email you a CSV file with your exported data.
You can export the following records:
- Contact Notes
- Organization Notes
- Opportunity Notes
- Project Notes
Only these basic records may be exported. Other items like file attachments, many links between records, events, comments, system settings, user settings, and emails saved to Insightly cannot be exported.
Exporting all data from a tab
To export all the records from an object:
- From the left navigation bar, select the object you would like to export records from (Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, Projects, or Tasks).
- On the right sidebar you’ll see the Import/Export section. Click the Export link.
- For records from objects like contacts and organizations, you will be presented with another page of options to select from. Click the appropriate link for exporting contacts, organizations, or their notes.
- An exported CSV file will be emailed to you. (Don’t forget to check your spam folder if you don’t see it within a few minutes.)
These steps are similar to those above, but first you will narrow down your list of records.
To export select records:
- Select the object you would like to export records from (Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, Projects, or Tasks).
- Narrow down the list of records by using one of the following methods:
- Use the Search field above the list (not the one at the top of the page)
- Click the Filter or View buttons above the list of items. The filter list includes an option to create a custom filter.
- Click a link in the right sidebar under Your Recent Imports, if you've recently imported items
- Click on a tag name to filter by tags
- Click the checkbox above the records. This will select all the visible records. If there are more than 50 items, they will be listed on multiple pages. Click the "Select all..." message that appears at the top of the list to select them all.
- Click the More button which appears above the list, then Export.
- An exported CSV file will be emailed to you. (Don’t forget to check your spam folder if you don’t see it within a few minutes!)
You can review our article on mass maintenance for more information on the other options that appear when selecting multiple records.