An activity set is a template to create individual tasks or events that you repeat often.
This article covers how to apply or trigger an activity set.
There are three ways an activity set can be triggered to create the tasks and events:
- Manually, from the Actions menu for a single a lead, contact, organization, opportunity, or project
- Manually, through the bulk edit options that appear above a list when selecting one or more items
- Automatically, when changing a stage in a pipeline on opportunities and projects
When tasks and events in an activity set aren't necessarily part of a larger linear process, you can apply them whenever you need to from individual records.
We'll use a lead record as an example, but your Insightly administrator can set up an activity set for contacts, organizations, opportunities, or projects, too.
To apply an activity set to a lead:
- When viewing the record, click the Actions menu and select Add activity set...
- Select the appropriate activity set from the list.
- If you are applying the activity set to a record with a Pipeline (opportunities or projects) or a Milestone (projects), you can place the tasks within a Pipeline stage or Milestone by selecting one from from the list. You can also skip this selection if the tasks will not be tied to a Pipeline or Milestone.
- If the activity set includes events or tasks with due dates, click each date field and select a date from the pop-up calendar.
The displayed dates will be updated based on your selection.
Task due dates and event dates are calculated from start or end dates set up by your Insightly administrator. You might see no date fields, a start date field, an end date field, or both start and end dates.
- In the breakdown of tasks and events that will be created, select a user who will be responsible for each task, if available. Some tasks may be automatically assigned to a specific user and can't be changed. Events will always be added to your own calendar.
- Verify all the information is correct and click the Add activity set... button.
- The new tasks and events will now appear on the Tasks and Events subtabs on the record as separate items.
Because the new tasks and events are individual items, they cannot be edited as a group. If you need to make adjustments, such as moving the dates forward, each task or event can be edited individually.
If the tasks and events in an activity set are meant to be completed during one phase of a longer process, the set can be associated with a stage in a Pipeline.
When the associated stage of an opportunity or project is reached, the activity set will be triggered and the individual items from that set will be created.
To apply an activity set from the Pipeline:
- When you're ready to move to the next stage on an opportunity or project, change the Pipeline stage by clicking the Change Stage link.
- Insightly will automatically select the next stage in the process for you, but you can choose any stage.
Stages with activity sets will display a number next to their names indicating how many tasks or events will be created.
- If your activity set requires it, select a start date, end date, or responsible user for each item. If there are no dated items or user assignments are set by the administrator, you will have no selections to make.
- Click the Change Stage button.
The newly created tasks and events will appear in their corresponding subtabs. Tasks that are associated with a Pipeline stage will display a blue 'S' and a number representing the stage.