Insightly Classic is the old version of Insightly. It's not available to new accounts. Users on Insightly Classic can switch over to the latest version.
It's a good idea to create contacts or organizations that will be related to your opportunity before creating the opportunity itself.
To add a new opportunity:
- Click the Add New Item (+) button at the top of the page and select Add New Opportunity. (You can also click the New Opportunity button on the Opportunities page.)
- Enter a name and description for the opportunity.
A best practice is to set up a consistent naming pattern for records like opportunities and projects to include information like a customer name, the product or service, and an estimated closing date. This will make it easier to search for and view in a list.
For example: Company Inc. | 50 Units | April 2017
- Select a category, if applicable. The category list can be customized by your Insightly administrator.
- Enter the probability that the deal will be won. This field is a percentage and must contain a number from 0 to 100.
- Click the Forecast Close Date field and click a date from the pop-up calendar. This is the date you predict the deal will be completed.
- Click the Who's Responsible? list and choose the user who will handle the opportunity
- To enter the value of the opportunity, select the currency, type a whole number (no commas or decimal points), and select an interval to indicate whether the bid is a fixed number or charged per hour, per day, etc.
If the cost is calculated by time interval, enter a whole number for the estimated hours, days, etc.
- If you will be using a pipeline for the opportunity, select a pipeline from the Pipeline Name list and then choose a pipeline stage from the Stage list.
- If your Insightly administrator has set up custom fields for opportunities, complete that information.
- Use the Links section to link this new opportunity to other records it's associated with, such as contacts who are stakeholders or decision makers, users who are working on the sale, and the organizations they belong to.
Type the name of the item you'd like to link to and click the matching record.
You can also type a role or description of the connection to the opportunity.
When the link information is complete, click the blue Save button.
- Select the viewing permissions for the opportunity. Only you, the selected users, and your Insightly administrators will be able to view this record.
This setting will not appear if your account is set to Advanced Permissions.
- Click the Save button at the top of the page to create the new opportunity.
You can also save your changes and start another new opportunity by clicking the arrow on the right of the button and selecting Save + Add Another.
Your opportunity will now be saved and ready to work with.