Files stored in Google Drive — including Google Docs and Google Sheets — can be linked directly to your Insightly records from the Files subtab. This section is available in contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects.
The first time you click the Google Drive icon, you will be prompted to log in to Google. Click Allow to grant Insightly permission to access your Google Drive.
To link to a file stored in Google Drive:
- Open a record and select the Files subtab.
- Click the Google Drive icon to open the file picker.
- Search and/or select the files and folders you would like to link to the Insightly record and then click the Select button. Double-click a folder name to display its contents.
- (Bonus step!) You can also click Upload to upload files to Drive and link them to Insightly in one step.
- The file links will now appear in the record's Files subtab. To view a file in Google Drive, click the filename link. To remove the link to the file, click the trash can icon below the filename. (This does not delete the file from Google Drive.)
You can learn how to disable Google Drive here.