Files stored at Box can be linked directly to your Insightly records from the Files subtab in contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects. Click the Box icon when you want to log in to Box and create links to those files.
Since your Box files are not copied or moved to Insightly, access to them will be determined by your Box permissions settings for each item. If you haven't granted an Insightly user permission to view the file in Box, they will not be able to open the file from Insightly.
Logging in to Box from Insightly
The first time you click the icon, you will be prompted to log in to Box. Once you've entered your credentials or if you are already logged in to Box on another tab you will be connected to your account.
Linking to Box files
To link to a file stored in Box:
- Open a record and select the Files subtab.
- Click the Box icon to open the Box File Picker.
- If you have many files, you may need to sort them. Click the sort icon to view the Box sorting options and choose to sort files by name, date, or size. You can also click a folder name to view the files in that folder.
- Click the checkbox next to the files or folders you would like to link to Insightly, then click the Select button to add the links.
- The files will now appear as links in the Insightly record!