There's no need to upload files to the cloud twice when you can link Dropbox files to your Insightly records. For any contact, organization, opportunity, or project, go to the Files subtab and click the Dropbox icon.
Since your Dropbox files are linked, and not copied or moved to Insightly, an Insightly user must have Dropbox permissions to view them.
Logging in to Dropbox from Insightly
To connect to Dropbox:
The first time you click the icon, you will be prompted to log in to Dropbox.
You can log out at any time by clicking your username and Sign Out from the Dropbox Chooser window.
Linking to Dropbox files
To link to a file stored in Dropbox:
- Open a record and select the Files subtab.
- Click the Dropbox icon to open the Dropbox Chooser.
- Search for and select the files you'd like to link to Insightly.
- (Bonus step!) You can also click Upload to upload files to Dropbox and link them to Insightly in without leaving the page!
- Click Choose.
- The files will now appear as links in the Insightly record!