Emails sent through Insightly Marketing are created using highly customizable templates to make sending high-quality, personalized Emails simple.
You can also create Email templates to be used in Journeys.
How to create and send an Email
- Go to Emails. Click New Email.
- Enter a name for the record and set the subject line recipients will see.
- Add the Email's subject line and preview text. You may add emojis and merge fields if necessary.
Click the smiley face icon to pull up available emojis.
Hover over the “i” icon in the Subject Line or Preview Text field boxes to view available merge fields. Click on a merge field to add it to the Subject Line or Preview Text.
- Select a user from the From dropdown. Enter a From Fallback sender and email address that will be used in the event that the original sender is no longer available.
- If needed, check the box next to Custom Reply To and enter an email address that the recipients of the Email will be able to use to contact you.
- Add recipient and suppression lists.
- Click Next.
- Next, you will choose a template. Hover over a template and select Use this template.
There are three categories you can choose from:
Layout Templates - These are standard Insightly provided templates. These are helpful if you want to fully customize a template to match your own website. They are relatively empty, but they are structured to help you build a template quickly.
- Custom Templates - These are templates that you've already created, such as one you may have created following the first section of this article.
- Themed Templates - These templates are fully built for you. If you're low on time, you can select one of these templates and adjust it to fit the message you want to send.
- There are several content options that can be added to your template:
From the Content tab, select one and drag it where you want it to appear on your template.
- Click on the content you've added to pull up content properties. From here, you can further customize the content you've added.
For example, if you added a button you can add a URL, change the text formatting, alter the button color, and more.
- If you want the email to automatically add information from a Prospect's fields, like their name, click Merge tags when editing the content properties of a text field.
Select a field from the list that appears.
- Click Show Structure to see the framework of the email.
- To add a new row, click the Rows tab. Select an option, then drag and drop it on to the template. Once you've placed it, you can add content to it.
- The last tab is the Settings tab. Here, you can adjust general settings, like your default font or the background color of your template.
- You can delete content that's been added by clicking it and selecting the trash icon that appears.
- Click Preview to see how your email will look on desktop and mobile. You can also click Save Design to save your progress.
- Click Next.
- Edit your Summary page. Here you can set a delivery schedule, set sender and reply-to email addresses, and review any spam triggers.
- Click Send or Schedule.
- Click Send Now.
Users can preview how their email will appear by sending themselves a test Email.
If you want more control over an Email’s body, you can select the Raw HTML in the Template selection step.
Instead of using the design tools shown in the steps above, you will be directed to an HTML editor where you can enter your own code.
This is helpful if you’ve already built your own template using HTML and you don’t want to spend time recreating it using our Email creator. This can also make it easier to transfer existing HTML email templates from other email programs, like MailChimp.
To the right of the HTML editor, Insightly will display the rendered version of the code you’ve entered. To add merge tags, you must enter in them manually.
With Display Conditions, users can configure which rows of an Email will be displayed to an Email recipient.
Before an Email is sent out, Insightly will examine the Email, identify any conditional criteria embedded within the Email’s rows and sections, and process those against the Email recipient’s Prospect record.
For example, if a Prospect has a Score below 10, a row or section will be hidden from them. Or, if your Prospect has an address in a specific city, such as San Francisco, you can allow them to view a row with information about an upcoming event in that area.
If the condition is true, the content will be displayed. If the Prospect does not meet the conditional criteria, the row will be excluded from the Email’s content and removed before sending.
How to add Display Conditions
Open an Email and navigate to the Design section. Click a row.
Under Row Properties, scroll down to Display conditions and select Open builder.
Enter a name and description.
Click Add a Filter Row. Users can add up to eight filters per Email row.
Select your criteria using the Filter by, Operator, and Value fields.
If needed, select Add a Filter Row to add more Display Conditions. When adding additional rows, select AND or OR to determine how additional criteria will interact with previous filters
Click Save Conditions.
To learn more about Emails and Email templates, read the following articles: