Emails sent through Insightly Marketing are created using highly customizable templates to make sending high-quality, personalized emails simple.
You can also create Email templates to be used in Journeys.
How to create and send an Email
- Go to Emails. Click New Email.
- Enter a name for the record and set the subject line recipients will see.
- Add the Email's subject line and preview text. You may add emojis and merge fields if necessary.
Click the smiley face icon to pull up available emojis.
Hover over the “i” icon in the Subject Line or Preview Text field boxes to view available merge fields. Click on a merge field to add it to the Subject Line or Preview Text.
- Select a user from the From dropdown. Enter a From Fallback sender and email address that will be used in the event that the original sender is no longer available.
- If needed, check the box next to Custom Reply To and enter an email address that the recipients of the Email will be able to use to contact you.
- Add recipient and suppression lists.
- Click Next.
- Next, you will choose a template. Hover over a template and select Use this template.
There are three categories you can choose from:
Layout Templates - These are standard Insightly provided templates. These are helpful if you want to fully customize a template to match your own website. They are relatively empty, but they are structured to help you build a template quickly.
- Custom Templates - These are templates that you've already created, such as one you may have created following the first section of this article.
- Themed Templates - These templates are fully built for you. If you're low on time, you can select one of these templates and adjust it to fit the message you want to send.
- There are several content options that can be added to your template:
From the Content tab, select one and drag it where you want it to appear on your template.
- Click on the content you've added to pull up content properties. From here, you can further customize the content you've added.
For example, if you added a button you can add a URL, change the text formatting, alter the button color, and more.
- If you want the email to automatically add information from a Prospect's fields, like their name, click Merge tags when editing the content properties of a text field.
Select a field from the list that appears.
- Click Show Structure to see the framework of the email.
- To add a new row, click the Rows tab. Select an option, then drag and drop it on to the template. Once you've placed it, you can add content to it.
- The last tab is the Settings tab. Here, you can adjust general settings, like your default font or the background color of your template.
- You can delete content that's been added by clicking it and selecting the trash icon that appears.
- Click Preview to see how your email will look on desktop and mobile. You can also click Save Design to save your progress.
- Click Next.
- Edit your Campaign Summary page. Here you can set a delivery schedule for your campaign, set sender and reply-to email addresses, and review any spam triggers.
- Click Send or Schedule.
- Click Send Now.
Users can preview how their email will appear by sending themselves a test Email.
To learn more about Emails and Email templates, read the following articles: