Emails sent through Insightly Marketing are created using highly customizable templates to make sending high-quality, personalized emails simple.
You can also create Email templates to be used in Journeys.
How to create and send an Email
- Go to Emails. Click New Email.
- Enter a name for the record and set the subject line recipients will see.
- Add the Email's subject line and preview text.
- Select a user from the From dropdown. Enter a From Fallback sender and email address that will be used in the event that the original sender is no longer available.
- If needed, check the box next to Custom Reply To and enter an email address that the recipients of the Email will be able to use to contact you.
- Add recipient and suppression lists.
- Click Next.
- Next, you will choose a template. Hover over a template and select Use this template.
There are three categories you can choose from:
Layout Templates - These are standard Insightly provided templates. These are helpful if you want to fully customize a template to match your own website. They are relatively empty, but they are structured to help you build a template quickly.
- Custom Templates - These are templates that you've already created, such as one you may have created following the first section of this article.
- Themed Templates - These templates are fully built for you. If you're low on time, you can select one of these templates and adjust it to fit the message you want to send.
- There are several content options that can be added to your template:
From the Content tab, select one and drag it where you want it to appear on your template.
- Click on the content you've added to pull up content properties. From here, you can further customize the content you've added.
For example, if you added a button you can add a URL, change the text formatting, alter the button color, and more.
- If you want the email to automatically add information from a Prospect's fields, like their name, click Merge tags when editing the content properties of a text field.
Select a field from the list that appears.
- Click Show Structure to see the framework of the email.
- To add a new row, click the Rows tab. Select an option, then drag and drop it on to the template. Once you've placed it, you can add content to it.
- The last tab is the Settings tab. Here, you can adjust general settings, like your default font or the background color of your template.
- You can delete content that's been added by clicking it and selecting the trash icon that appears.
- Click Preview to see how your email will look on desktop and mobile. You can also click Save Design to save your progress.
- Click Next.
- Edit your Campaign Summary page. Here you can set a delivery schedule for your campaign, set sender and reply-to email addresses, and review any spam triggers.
- Click Send or Schedule.
- Click Send Now.
Users can preview how their email will appear by sending themselves a test Email.
To learn more about Emails and Email templates, read the following articles: