Let's take a look at our Reports pages to help you find your way around.
Report Folders view
- Report Folders contain saved reports and report templates. Click a folder to view the reports or templates it contains.
- The Reports list displays the reports in the folder you've selected. You can search the folder by report name in the Search Reports field. To create a report based on a template, click a template name. To run a report you've saved, click the report name.
- A schedule icon and/or alert icon will appear if a Report is set up to email a Report at a scheduled time or when an alert is triggered.
When you open a saved report from a folder, Insightly will run the report and display:
- The number of records in the report.
- Schedule and alert information.
- Filters and summaries
- A results grid with up to 2,000 records. If the report contains more than 2,000 results, you can view all of them by choosing the export option from the Actions menu.
Using the buttons above the report, you can:
- Close the report and return to the Report Folders view.
- Click the pencil/Edit button to edit the report.
- Click the Actions menu to copy, edit, delete, print, or export the report. (You can also print it by clicking the printer icon in the upper-right.)
- Set up a schedule or alert. (Available on accounts with paid subscriptions.)
When you create a new report from a template or edit an existing report, the Report Editor allows you to change and save the report.
- The Report Fields list displays the fields for the report type you've selected. These fields can be dragged and dropped to the Filters and Preview Grid areas of the Editor. Field types are indicated by the icon next to the field name:
- a - Text fields
- # - Numeric fields
- Calendar icon - Date fields
- Dropdown list icon - Dropdown lists
- TF - True/False values. (For fields like Custom checkboxes which are checked/true or unchecked/false, and Completed tasks which are complete/true or incomplete/false).
- The icons in the upper right provide additional reporting options to filter by the records you own or by date, user filter logic when more than two filters are used, add a summary field, or add a chart to a report.
- From Filters and Parameters, you can add a filter by dragging and dropping a field name to this area. Click the icons in the top right to add additional filters, add logic functions for more than 2 filters, and add a summary row if your report includes a numeric field.
- Drag and drop fields to the Preview Grid to add them to your report and see a preview of the results. You can then drag a field name left or right to move the column, click a column header to change the sort order, drag and drop it up to the grouping area to group by values, or click the X next to the field name to remove it.