With Hosted Files, you can upload your files to Insightly and use a generated custom URL to track who's downloading your content and automatically deploy actions you specify.
To create a Hosted File:
- Go to Files. Click New File.
- Enter the name of your file.
- Select a Folder for the file.
- Click the Choose File button and select a file to upload. File names must be unique.
Users can upload files up to 50 MB in size. These can be PDFs, Microsoft Office documents created in Word, Excel or Powerpoint, or PNG and JPG images, like infographics.
- Optionally, you can customize the Custom URL of your Hosted File. If you do not create one, Insightly will generate one for you.
You will not be able to edit this URL later, so consider this before you save the record. You will need to add the URL to your own site.
- Click Save.
Creating a Hosted File through Folders:
Users can also create a Hosted File record by dragging their file into any user-created Folder or within the Uncategorized > Files Folder.
- Go to Folders and open the Folder you want to add your Hosted File to.
- Open your file manager and drag your file from the window into the Folder.
- Click the three-dot menu to the right of the file. Select Edit This Record.
- If you want to update the Name, Folder, or File uploaded you can do so here. You cannot change the Custom URL.
- Click Save.