An A/B Test Email allows you to test one variable, like the subject line or send time, with up to three variations. For example, you may want to test two subject lines to see what Prospects are more likely to engage with.
To create an A/B Test Email:
- Go to Emails. In the upper right corner of the page, click the dropdown on the New Email button.
- Select New A/B Test Email.
- Enter the recipient information, then click Next.
- Select a variable to test.
- Use the plus and minus symbols to set the number of different variations of the variables, up to three.
- Use the slider to determine the percentage of Email recipients that should receive an alternate test combination. Then select how the winner should be chosen and how long after the Email was sent to decide. Click Next.
- Fill out the Email Setup information. Click Next.
- Select the Email Templates you will send to Prospects. Click Next.
- Review the Summary, then click Next to finish.
The winner of the test Emails will appear in the details tab of the record. If you want to review the results of the test emails, go to the Statistics tab of the Email record and use the Combination dropdown to see how each set of variations performed.
If no winning criteria is met within the test period, the very first combination will be declared the winner and the winning segment will receive that Email.