Why we're about to leave insightly for Salesforce
We've been with Insightly for almost a year now and we've given it the old college try, but we're coming to realize that it's little more than a digital rolodex. Here are some of the reasons we're planning on jumping ship. Have I misunderstood something about Insightly? Is there a reason we should stay?
- Insightly promises excellent customer support, but what that usually means is prompt answers to your forum posts which usually say "I'm sorry you're not satisfied, we'll add this to our list of future considerations".
- Insightly doesn't allow you to see the total value of your open projects
- Insightly can't create quotes or invoices, SF can
- Insightly can't log phone calls, SF can
- Google calendar doesn’t two-way sync. If you want an event to be linked to a customer in Insightly you must create the event in Insightly. - Google Calendar will push to Salesforce using Lightning Sync (free).
- Insightly's "integration" with QuickBooks is a joke. There is no syncing or updating of projects, opportunities, etc. It's just a portal window into QB Online.
- Inventory syncing between Insightly & QB is nonexistent, SF offers this
- Insightly has no commission-tracking features, salesforce can do this with if/then equations which auto-calculate
- Insightly's record and storage limitations are a joke. SF storage starts with 2GB for data (accounts and contacts), and 36GB of document storage.
- Insightly supposedly syncs with OneDrive, but you have to manually link every single file (not gonna happen) this can be automated with SF Files Connect (free)
- Insightly's app doesn't allow you to add any new info when offline / out of cell service. SF allows you to add new contacts / leads / notes (for recently viewed organizations), they’ll sync later.