Outbound Email Improvements
We're about to make some great improvements to our outbound email sending functionality in Insightly.
Currently when you send an email from within Insightly, we use our own mail system to send those emails on your behalf. We’ve heard a lot of feedback from our customers that they would like those emails sent using their own email address and email server instead of ours, so we’re going to make that change over the next couple of days. This results in a number of advantages to you:
- Emails sent from Insightly are far less likely to be caught by spam filters because they are sent from your own email account
- Emails sent inside Insightly also appear in your email mailbox sent items folder
- The emails come from you, so they have no “via” in the email address when a recipient is reading them
- Any replies to those emails go straight to your inbox
- If your email server is configured for DKIM or SPF, all emails sent will be signed using those technologies automatically, further reducing mail being caught in spam filters. Emails you send from Insightly via Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365 accounts will include that automatically.
- Insightly will still be able to track clicks and opens per email template, you will still be able to use the same templates you’ve created, and you will still be able to schedule emails to be sent in the future if you have scheduling enabled.
- Ability to send outbound emails from multiple email accounts of your choice
- The ability to add images to your Insightly email footer.
We’re going to roll out this improvement in the next couple of days, and to enable these features you only need to add your email accounts to Insightly once. We support all the major email providers like Microsoft Office 365, Outlook.com, Gmail, Google Apps and many others. You can learn how to add your accounts to Insightly at https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/217900648
If you have any questions on this feature, please feel free to post them below.