Filtering by empty country does not work
I am trying to filter all contacts whose Country-field is empty but I am getting zero results despite there being plenty of contacts without a country. This seem to be a bug.
In order to preproduce the issue, I might add that I did a Bulk edit with "Copy Addresses from default linked Organization to Contact" on all contacts earlier but realized that none of the organizations had an address (and hence no country). I don't know if that is related to the issue, but I could imagine that this copy process somehow led the system to think that all contacts now have a country.
Hope this can be fixed. And maybe you have a workaround in the meantime?
UPDATE: I now realized that all records actually do have a country associated to them (though I'm not sure how that happened) but the country is not displayed unless you click on "Add Address". This is cleary confusing and I hope it can be fixed. Expected behavior: When A record has a partial address (e.g. just a country), the address is displayed in the dafault view of the contact.
UPDATE2: This is clearly a bug. While I have still not figured out why all country fields are populated (with Sweden as a country) I can now reproduce the following:
1. select a contact with apparently no country (no country displayed in the default view)
2. Enter edit mode and click on "Add address". The country field will show as populated (with Sweden, in my case)
3. Leave edit mode without saving.
4. In the contacts module, search for Sweden. All contacts which visibly have Sweden as a country will show up but not the one we just looked at.
5. Go back to edit said contact. This time we save the contact.
6. The country will now show up in the contact default view and also when searching for that country in the contacts module
(I have this as a screencast but cannot share it here for confidentiality reasons)
UPDATE3: I now noticed that when I create a new contact or organization, the country is always set to Sweden and I suppose that this is because in my user settings the Default Country is set to "Sweden". So I changed that back to "Select country". Now, strangely, the result of this is that there is no more "hidden country" in records that should be without a country but the filter "country is empty" still delivers zero hits.