You can snap a photo of a business card from Insightly’s iOS or Android app, and Insightly will create a CRM contact or lead for you. This feature is available on all paid Insightly accounts and on devices with a rear camera.
To scan a business card from your iOS or Android Insightly app:
- Select the Contacts or Leads screen from the menu drawer.
- Tap the + symbol to add a new contact or lead.
- Tap Scan Business Cards.
- The app will display how many scans you have available this month. Tap OK, and then OK LET'S START (if the welcome message is displayed).
- Tap the camera icon to take a photo of the front of the card. You can also tap the flash icon to adjust your lighting options.
- Review the image and click Next (the arrow icon on Android). You can also delete or rotate the image, or click the camera icon to add another card to this batch.
- You can now choose whether the new records are contacts or leads, add tags, enter background information, and choose the visibility permissions.
Tap Save (iOS) or the check mark icon (Android) to submit the card image.
We'll let you know when your card is transcribed
Once you’ve saved your card image. we’ll follow up with an email for each card that is submitted. There are three possible outcomes:
- The record is created successfully in Insightly. The email will include a link to the Insightly record and a vCard attachment to help you save the contact to your mobile address book. An image of the business card will be added to the record’s File subtab. We’ll also add a “Business Card” tag to the contact or lead so that you know how it was created.
- The record already exists in Insightly. The email will include a link to the Insightly record and a vCard attachment to help you save the contact to your mobile address book. An image of the business card will be added to the record’s File subtab. Nothing else on the contact or lead record will be updated or changed. We’ll also add the scan back to your limit so you can scan another card.
- There’s a problem transcribing the card. This may happen if the card is too blurry to transcribe, if it’s not written in English, or if there’s a system error. We’ll attach an image of the card to the email to help you identify the contact and the problem. We’ll also add the scan back to your limit so you can scan another card.
Monthly Scanning Allowances
You can scan a batch of up to ten cards at a time, and you are limited to a certain number of cards per calendar month according to your subscription plan. Check our Pricing page for the monthly limit on your account.
If we don’t create a new record because the card is blurry or the contact or lead already exists, you’ll get that scan added back to your limit.