You can snap a photo of a business card from Insightly’s iOS or Android app, and Insightly will create a CRM contact or lead for you. This feature is available on all paid Insightly accounts and on devices with a rear camera. Each user will have their own individual scanning limit per month, dependant on the plan they are on.
To scan a business card from your iOS or Android Insightly app:
- Select the Contacts or Leads screen from the menu drawer.
- Tap the + symbol to add a new contact or lead.
- Tap Scan Business Cards.
- The app will display how many scans you have available this month. Tap OK, and then OK LET'S START (if the welcome message is displayed).
- Tap the camera icon to take a photo of the front of the card. You can also tap the flash icon to adjust your lighting options.
- Review the image. You can delete it, rotate it, or click the camera icon to add another card to this batch. You can add up to ten cards per batch and then scan another batch when you finish the steps below.
- Click Done (the checkmark icon on Android) to continue.
- You can now add tags and enter background information.
- Tap Save (iOS) or the checkmark icon (Android) to submit the card images.
- Repeat the steps above to scan a new batch of cards.
We'll let you know when your card is transcribed
Once you’ve saved your card image, we’ll follow up with an email for each card that is submitted. There are three possible outcomes:
- The record is created successfully in Insightly. The email will include a link to the Insightly record and a vCard attachment to help you save the contact to your mobile address book. An image of the business card will be added to the record’s Related subtab under Files. We’ll also add a “Business Card” tag to the record.
- The record already exists in Insightly. The email will include a link to the Insightly record and a vCard attachment to help you save the contact to your mobile address book. An image of the business card will be added to the record’s Related subtab under Files. Nothing else on the record will be changed. We’ll also add a scan credit back to your account.
- There’s a problem transcribing the card. This may happen if the card is too blurry to transcribe, if it’s not written in English, or if there’s a system error. We’ll attach an image of the card to the email to help you identify the contact and the problem. We’ll also add a scan credit back to your account.
Monthly Scanning Allowances
Check the PDF link on our pricing page for the monthly card scanning limit on your subscription plan.
If we don’t create a new record because a card is blurry or a contact or lead already exists, you’ll get a scan credit added back to your account.