Lead management is an important part of any sales process.
When you get information about someone who might be interested in your products or services, but haven’t yet verified their interest or fit for your business, you’ll add them to Insightly on the Leads tab.
Your Insightly administrator can enable or disable this tab, as well as customize the Lead Status and Lead Source fields that you'll use below.
See Setting up your account for lead management for more details.
Once you’ve determined a lead is qualified, you’ll convert the lead and Insightly will create a sales opportunity, a contact, and an organization for you.
To keep your Insightly data organized, these will all be linked to each other.
Since Insightly will create a contact record from a converted lead for you, don't create sales leads as contacts (from the Contacts tab) or you'll end up with duplicate records.
Leads could be obtained through a purchased contact list, a form on your website, trade shows and meetings where you’ve gathered business cards, and other marketing efforts.
You can create Insightly leads in a few different ways:
- Enter them on the Leads tab.
- Import them from a CSV or Excel file. (See our importing tips.)
- Scan business cards with our mobile apps. (Available with a paid Insightly subscription.)
- Add a Web to Lead form to your website so visitors can submit their own information.
- If you have technical resources, you can also add leads through the Insightly API.
To create a lead directly in Insightly
- Select the Add New Lead in the quick links at the top of the page.
- Enter the lead’s information. A last name is required.
- Click Save.