If a Contact is created in Insightly but should have been entered as a Lead, you can change the Contact to a Lead from the Actions menu. This will create a new Lead and delete the original Contact record.
This function is not available for bulk editing.
What is transferred to the Lead?
- All default fields common to both contacts and leads, such as first name, last name, title and organization name, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Custom fields that are set up the exact same way for leads. This means the field name and data type (and values for lists) must be the same.
- Events, notes, and uploaded files.
- Links to emails and tasks.
What is not transferred to the Lead?
- Custom fields that are set up for Contacts, but not for Leads.
- Links to other records. The linked records will remain intact, but won't be linked to the new Lead.
To change a Contact to a Lead:
- View the Contact, click the Actions menu.
- Select Change Contact To Lead. This will take you to a new Lead page.
- Add or adjust any information, such as Lead Status or Lead Rating.
- Click Save to create the new Lead and delete the original Contact record.