Insightly users can clone their records, which allows users to quickly duplicate a record while keeping the original intact. Cloning a knowledge article will copy the contents of the current version of the knowledge article and all standard and custom fields, with the exception of the title and URL, which must be unique. The cloned knowledge article will be set as a draft upon completing the copy process.
How to Clone a Knowledge Article
- Navigate to the Knowledge Article object.
- Open a knowledge article record.
- Click the Actions dropdown menu on the top right-hand corner of the record.
- Select Clone This Knowledge Article.
- A form will appear, populated with the original record’s information. Enter a title.
- A URL slug will be auto-generated by default.
- Click Save.