When you set up a Web Tracking Domain, Insightly will start gathering anonymous visitor data.
When the visitor fills out a form on your website, they become a Prospect record in Insightly (so long as that form has been connected to a Form Handler).
The information collected when the visitor was anonymous will become associated with the new Prospect record.
- Go to System Settings > Domain Management.
- Click Add Domain. Select Add Web Tracking Domain.
- Enter your Website Domain. Click Generate Code.
Where can I view the data?
There are two reports that record the tracked visitor results. They can be found in the Advanced Reporting object under Visitor Reports.
Visitor Web Page Activity Report
This report contains details of the anonymous visitor's activity, such as:
- their browser
- their operating system
- their geographic location
- the Internet provider they use
- count of pages viewed
- the entry and exit pages
Visitor Web Pages Viewed Report
This report presents every unique individual web page an anonymous visitor has viewed.
How can I see this data after a visitor becomes a Prospect?
- Open a Form Handler record.
- Go to the Submissions tab. Each user that has submitted a form will be listed by their email address.
Click the three-dot menu to the right of the Prospect's email.
- Click View Form Submission.
- The Form Submission will appear. When you're finished reviewing the details, click Close.