An activity set is a template to create individual tasks or events that you repeat often.
This article covers how to apply or trigger an activity set.
There are three ways an activity set can be triggered to create the tasks and events:
- Manually, from the Actions menu for a single a lead, contact, organization, opportunity, or project
- Manually, through the bulk edit options that appear above a list when selecting one or more items
- Automatically, when changing a stage in a pipeline on opportunities and projects
Applying an activity set manually
When tasks and events in an activity set aren't necessarily part of a larger linear process, you can apply them whenever you need to from individual records.
We'll use a lead record as an example, but your Insightly administrator can set up an activity set for contacts, organizations, opportunities, or projects, too.
To apply an activity set to a lead:
- When viewing the record, click the Actions menu and select Add activity set...
- Select the appropriate activity set from the list.
- If you are applying the activity set to a record with a Pipeline (opportunities or projects) or a milestone (projects), you can select a Pipeline stage or milestone to organize the activity set's tasks.
- If the activity set includes events, or tasks with due dates, click each date field and select a date from the pop-up calendar.
The displayed dates will update based on your selection.
Task due dates and event dates are calculated from start or end dates set up by your Insightly administrator. You might see no date fields, a start date field, an end date field, or both start and end dates.
- In the breakdown of tasks and events that will be created, select a user who will be responsible for each task, if available. Some tasks may be automatically assigned to a specific user and can't be changed. Events will always be added to your own calendar.
- Verify all the information is correct and click the Add activity set... button.
- The new tasks and events will now appear in the record's Activity subtab.
Because the new tasks and events are individual items, they cannot be edited as a group. If you need to make adjustments, such as moving the dates forward, each task or event can be edited individually.
Triggering an activity set with a Pipeline stage
If the tasks and events in an activity set are meant to be completed during one phase of a longer process, the set can be associated with a stage in a Pipeline.
When the associated stage of an opportunity or project is reached, the activity set will be triggered and the individual items from that set will be created.
To apply an activity set from the Pipeline:
- When you're ready to move to a different stage on an opportunity or project, click the Pipeline indicator. Stages with activity sets will display a number indicating how many tasks or events will be created.
- Insightly will automatically select the next stage in sequence, but you can choose any stage.
- If your activity set requires it, select a start date, end date, or responsible user for each item. If there are no dated items or user assignments are set by the administrator, you will have no selections to make.
- Click the Change Stage button.
The newly created tasks and events will appear in the Activities subtab. Tasks associated with a Pipeline stage will display a blue 'S' and a number representing the stage.