Xero is accounting software used to automate bookkeeping functions like invoicing and payroll. AppConnect users can reference the examples below as they begin building their own recipes using the Xero integration.
In this Article
Recipe #1 Create Xero Invoice
When a project has been created from the Shopify integration or a project pipeline stage has been reached, create an invoice using the project data and the linked project product's data. Once the invoice is created, update the project record with invoice data and status.
- Project data is the recipe trigger.
- Extract the linked project product's data.
- Extract the linked contact data.
- Create an invoice with the status of "Submitted" with each line item from the project product's data.
- If it's a Shopify order, the invoice number and the invoice date will be inputted from the project data.
- Update the project with invoice date and invoice number.
Recipe #2 Paid Invoice Updates Insightly Project
When an invoice is paid in Xero, find the matching project via the invoice id. Update the project status to complete and mark the date paid field.
- User pays invoice through Xero.
- A paid invoice webhook is sent to AppConnect.
- Extract the invoice number and search for the matching project.
- Update the project status as complete and add in the date paid field.
Recipe #3 Product Sync - Insightly to Xero
When a product is created or updated in Insightly via the Shopify integration, create or update the matching item in Xero.
- Product data is the recipe trigger.
- Extract product Xero code.
- If Xero code exists, update item in Xero with pre-determined fields.
- If Xero code does not exist, create item in Xero with pre-determined fields.