Opportunity records are designed for managing your sales and potential deals. When an opportunity is won, convert it into a project record to begin working on the customer's deliverables.
How to Convert an Opportunity to a Project
- Open an opportunity record. Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Convert To Project.
- Enter a Project Name in the textbox. By default, the Project Name is set to Opportunity name.
- Use the dropdown to select a Reason for Winning Opportunity.
- Select a value for the New Project Owner from the dropdown. By default, that dropdown value is set to the currently logged in user
- Check the Copy Emails, Files, and Notes to New Project checkbox.
- This checkbox is checked by default.
Links to files stored on external services, like Google Drive or Dropbox, won't be transferred.
- Click Convert To Project.
- The opportunity status will change to Won and a new project record will be created.
- The opportunity and any links associated with the opportunity will be automatically linked to the new project.
- Custom field values can be copied to the project if those fields have been cloned and mapped from opportunities to projects.