Opportunity records are designed for managing your sales and potential deals. When an opportunity is won, convert it into a project record to begin working on the customer's deliverables.
How to Convert an Opportunity to a Project
- Open an opportunity record. Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Convert To Project.
- Enter a Project Name in the textbox.
- Use the dropdown to select a Reason for Winning.
- Check theCopy Emails, Files, and Notes to New Projectcheckbox.
- This checkbox is checked by default.
Links to files stored on external services, like Google Drive or Dropbox, won't be transferred.
- Click Convert To Project.
- The opportunity status will change to Won and a new project record will be created.
- The opportunity and any links associated with the opportunity will be automatically linked to the new project.
- Custom field values can be copied to the project if those fields have been cloned and mapped from opportunities to projects.