Finish Actions are used to automate updates from redirect links, hosted files, form submissions, and list emails to other records. Finish actions are available to all Insightly Marketing users. If you have an AppConnect subscription, you can build recipes to automate your finish action processes.
In this Article
Finish Actions Overview
When a prospect interacts with marketing material you send them, any finish actions you’ve setup will immediately make changes to their associated record, instead of forcing you to make updates manually.
- Add a prospect to a list after they click a link, are assigned a specific tag, or when the prospect’s form values are updated.
- When a prospect opens or unsubscribes from a list email, users can configure a series of Finish Actions to fire after that event occurs. If a prospect were to open the email, you could configure a Finish Action to send a follow up email.
- If a prospect record is updated to indicate they are in the construction industry, use a Finish Action to raise or lower their prospect score.
- Finish actions don’t expire. For example, if a prospect is cleaning out their inbox two months from now and they open the email and click on links, the finish actions will still fire.
- Finish actions execute every time the action is taken regardless of how many clicks occur in a given period.
- After your email is sent, you can still edit or reorder the email’s finish actions. The actions are not retroactive, so edits will only execute on prospects who take the action in the future.
- If you have multiple finish actions, they will only execute based on the prospect's original field values. For example, say a prospect started with a score of 5 and was updated to 10 as a result of the first action.
- If the section action were to execute for prospects with a score of 10 or more, it would not execute because it was originally 5.
- “On click” finish actions apply to both HTML and text version hyperlinks of your sent email.
- When a form submission is received, Insightly will check the IP Address and the user. If five or more form submissions are received in a five minute time period from the same IP Address and user, Insightly will not process the submission and it will be discarded. The submitter will receive an HTTP 500 error. This will occur even if the user is blank or null. This SPAM check also occurs in finish action sequences for redirect links, hosted files, form submissions, list emails, etc.
Types of Actions
Users can select the following finish actions, which will vary by object:
Add tags to the prospect.
Add to List
Add prospect to list.
Add to Marketing List
Adds the prospect to a specified list.
Add to Zoom Webinar
Add prospect to Zoom webinar.
Increases or decreases the prospect's score.
Assigns the prospect record to another user.
Change Field Value
Updates a field's information. For example, changing a prospect's "Opted Out" field from unchecked to checked.
Date field values support dynamic dates such as today, tomorrow, or yesterday.
Change Scoring Model Score
Updates the prospect’s score.
Prospect Scoring Models are used to assign scores to prospects based on their engagement with each product and/or service both cumulatively and individually.
Convert to Contact
Creates a contact record in Insightly CRM for the prospect. The prospect record will still exist in Insightly Marketing. The two records will not share the same record ID.
Convert to Lead
Creates a lead record in Insightly CRM for the prospect. The prospect record will still exist in Insightly Marketing. The two records will not share the same record ID.
Users will be prompted to enter the Lead Status, Lead Owner, and Lead Source.
Create CRM task
Creates a task in Insightly CRM, assigns it to a CRM user, and links it to the lead or the contact associated with the prospect from the finish action.
When creating this finish action, you can use merge tags to automatically add data to the Task Name and Description fields by clicking the “i” icon in the field box. The content is taken from the prospect’s data.
Execute Lambda Function
Creates a trigger to execute a specific Lambda function.
Fires or sends an outgoing HTTP POST webhook to an address specified in the action.
Sends a notification to a specified user.
Sends a notification to a specified user.
In the Notification Type dropdown, the default setting is App Notification, which will only notify users within the Insightly App.
Users can select App Notification + Email to receive an email notification in addition to the App notification.
Remove from List
Removes the prospect from a specified list.
Remove tags from the prospect.
An email will be sent to the prospect. The user building the journey can choose which email and schedule the send date and time.
Trigger AppConnect Recipe
Triggers an AppConnect recipe.
How to Create a Finish Action
- Open a redirect link, hosted file, form handler, or list email record.
- Click the Finish Actions tab.
- Click the Add Finish Action dropdown and select the type of action to be taken.
- Enter a name and fill out the action’s criteria.
- Click Save Finish Action.