When an opportunity is won, you'll want to convert it into a project so you can begin work on the customer's deliverables.
Here's how the opportunity-to-project conversion works:
- The opportunity status will change to Won and a new project will be created.
- The opportunity and any links associated with the opportunity will be automatically linked to the new project.
- You will have the option to copy emails, notes, and uploaded files to the project.
- Custom field values can be copied to the project if those fields have been cloned and mapped from opportunities to projects.
To convert an opportunity to a project:
- Open the opportunity. Click the Actions menu and select Convert To Project.
- Enter a name for the new project and select a Reason for Winning.
- Click the Copy Emails, Files, and Notes to the New Project checkbox. (Links to files stored on external services, like Google Drive or Dropbox, won't be transferred.)
- Click the Convert To Project button.