Insightly’s Web to Contact and Web to Lead features allow you to build a webform to place on your website. Your website visitors can then enter their names, email addresses, and other basic information to create a contact or lead directly in Insightly, and Insightly can notify you about new entries and will tag them as Web Contact or Web Lead so they’re easy to find.
Your Insightly administrator can set up Web to Contact or Web to Lead by following these steps. We’ll follow the Web to Contact page here, but the steps are the same to create Web to Lead forms.
To create a new form:
- Click the profile icon, select System Settings and go to the Web to Contact or Web to Lead page.
- Check Enable Web to Contact. This will display the Web to Contact settings.
- From the Contact Creator list, select the Insightly user who will be listed as the person who created the contact.
- Choose a visibility setting. Insightly admins can see all records, so this selection will apply to the non-admin users on your account.
- Click the Create HTML for your website link to open the form builder window. As you make your selections, Insightly will create basic HTML code for you.
- Select the fields for your HTML form from the list. First name and last name are the only required fields. You can remove other fields by clicking the trash can icon to the right of the field name.
- Use the handle icon to the left of the field names to reorder them. Click, hold, and drag the items up and down.
- Copy the HTML code and paste it on your website. You can customize the generated HTML code to your liking. (If you use Google Sites you will need to add line breaks between the textarea and /textarea tags in the generated HTML when entering it into the Google Sites Editor. We have more detailed instructions here.)
- Close the form builder window by clicking the X in the top right. Your changes will be saved.
- From the Form Submission Behavior section, select a page to direct your contacts to after they submit their information on your site. You can enter your own custom Web page or choose the default Insightly thank you page. (The Insightly page cannot be customized.)
- Choose an email notification option. Insightly will send a notification email to the people you select each time a new contact is created via the form.
- Click the Save button.
To prevent internet bots from sending spam through your webform, you may want to work with a web developer and add Google's reCAPTCHA tool to your page, as well.