You can convert an opportunity to automatically generate a project, but you can also manually create one.
Before you begin, decide whether you'll manage the project's related tasks using Pipelines or milestones. It's also a good idea to make sure contacts or organizations that will be related to the project have been created.
To create a project:
- Click the Add New Item (+) button at the top of the page and select Add New Project.
Enter a name for the project.A best practice is to set up a naming pattern for opportunities, projects, and tasks. Including information like a customer name, the product or service, and an estimated completion date will make it easier to find in searches.
For example: Pool Maintenance | Bushwood Country Club | April 2018
- Select a category, if applicable. The category list can be customized by your Insightly administrator.
- If you will be using a Pipeline for the project, select one from the Pipeline list and then choose a stage.
- If you will be using milestones, don't select a Pipeline. Leave the selection at "Nothing Selected." See How to add a milestone.
- If your Insightly administrator has set up custom fields, complete that information as you fill in the rest of the form.
- Select the viewing permissions for the project. Only you, the selected users, and your Insightly administrators will be able to view this record.
This setting will not appear if your account is set to Advanced Permissions. (Read about Advanced Permissions.)
- Click Save. You can also save your changes and start another new project by clicking Save & New.