To protect a contact's rights under local laws and regulations, they may have the right to request that you provide all data that you have gathered about them.
With the right technical resources and Insightly's API, you can extract the contact's information directly from the Insightly database.
To extract related information from Insightly on the web:
- Enter their name in the global search field and select the matching contact or lead record. All the information in Insightly should be linked to the record.
- Print the page with the contact's information. Most browsers allow you to use a printer for a hardcopy or create a PDF document. Use the browser's menu or type Control/Command+P.
- Review the tabs that appear in the record. If you are using integrations like MailChimp, QuickBooks Online, or Xero, you will need to follow the links to those applications and follow their procedures to extract information relevant to the request.
- Select the Activity tab. This tab will list all tasks, events, and saved emails that have been linked to the record. Print this page.
- Click the activity name for a linked task, event, or saved email and print the page. Repeat for each activity.
- Select the Related tab. This tab lists all the related records, notes, and files that have been linked to the contact.
- Print the page.
- Click each note title to open the note and print each one.
- Click each file. Depending on the file type and your browser settings, it might be downloaded or opened. If you're sending the information electronically, download the file. If you're sending a hardcopy, print the file's contents.
- Open and review the linked records (contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects) and determine whether each record contains additional information pertinent to the contact's request. Print any relevant information from those records using the steps above.
Now, you should have all the CRM information to send to the person requesting the data.
There are other ways to find the contact's records, such as creating a filtered list or creating reports. You will still have to click through the records and print each page to ensure you extracting all of their data.