Administrators can create custom objects when Insightly's standard objects don't fit the unique needs of their business.
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Click New Custom Object.
- Fill in the labels and the description. The Object Name will be automatically filled when you fill in the Singular Label, but you can change it if necessary.
- Choose your Field Type. If you choose Auto Number, enter the display format. Once the custom object has been saved, the field type will become read only. The field type cannot be changed after the initial creation process.
- Click the Deployed checkbox.
- Click the Show in Sidebar checkbox.
- Click Change Icon to choose an icon for your object.
- Click Save Custom Object.
You can now find your object at the bottom of your left navigation bar. Create a Page Layout and you'll be ready to start using your new object! To learn more about linking custom objects, read How to use the related tab on a custom object.