Dashboard cards are the individual charts and graphs that populate your dashboards. You can display several different cards on each dashboard and choose from dozens of different types of diagrams. To rearrange your dashboard cards, simply drag and drop the cards on the screen.
In this Article
How to Create a Dashboard Card
After you've created a dashboard, you can begin filling it with cards. Dashboard cards are highly customizable, so there are several different actions you can take. As you become familiar with dashboard cards, you'll be able to figure out which diagrams will best suit your needs. Try to keep the number of cards you create manageable; if you create too many, you may overlook important data.
Below are the basic card creation steps. There are more steps if you need to customize your cards further, but these are the actions you will always take when creating a card.
- Navigate to Dashboards and select a dashboard.
- Click the Actions dropdown and select Create New Card.
- Enter your Chart Title and Chart Description.
- Choose the type of graph or chart you need to display your information.
- Choose your data source from the drop-down menu. It is on Opportunities by default.
- Drag a category from the Categories list to a DROP FIELD HERE box. A category can be text type, dates, or boolean. For example, a Lead Source would be a category because it is text. The fields above the chart, like x-axis and y-axis, will vary depending on the chart type you choose.
- Drag a value from the Values list to a DROP FIELD HERE box. A value is a field type that can be measured or used for calculations.
- Under Chart Properties, click Legend.
- By default, the Show Legend dropdown will be set to Yes with Bottom positioning. Click Legend and select a Legend Position from the dropdown. You may select Left, Right, or Bottom positioning.
- Select No from the Show Legend dropdown to turn off the dashboard card legend on large cards or full screen views of the card. If No is selected, the legend will be removed from all views.
- Under Chart Properties, click X-Axis. Use the Date Formatdropdown to apply one of the following date aggregations:
- Year (2022)
- Quarter (Q1 2022)
- Month (May 2015)
- Week Number (Week 50, 2022)
- Day (May 8, 2022)
- If you are using a Radial Gauge or a Map chart, you can customize the colors that appear. Click Chart Properties or Map Properties. Use the dropdowns to adjust the colors and click Apply.
- You can add calculated fields if necessary. Click Edit to edit or delete the chart summary number. This is a grand total for the data in your chart.
- Click Save.
If you need to add your card to multiple Dashboards, you can learn how to do so in this article. To learn more about other customization options, such as chart properties and grouping, read Understanding the Dashboard Card Edit Page.
Drill down paths allow you to link one custom dashboard card to another to drill down through a data set. Each card in a path links to and drills down into the card below it. If a card does not have a drill path already, it will become the parent card of a new drill path. All cards other than the parent card can be moved up or down in the drill path to change the order.
When you drill down from one card into the next, Insightly will automatically apply a filter for the data point in the next chart that represents the X axis value. Filters and object type are also passed down, but they are not locked; changing object types is not recommended as it may cause errors. Charts and maps dashboard cards are supported in drill down paths.
Cards can be edited and deleted from the three dot menu. Other menu options include Edit This Card, Delete This Card, Move Card Up, and Move Card Down. Moving the cards up or down will change their order in the drill path.
How to Create Drill Paths
- Navigate to Dashboardsand select a custom dashboard.
- Alternatively, you can navigate to a dashboard or a dashboard card and select Edit Drill Path from the three dot menu.
- Click the Actions dropdown and select Edit Drill Path.
- Click Add New Card.
- A new card page with the same data set and the chart type and parameters from the last step in the drill path already loaded.
- You can then modify that card, change the chart type or the X or Y Axis filters, and when you click the red Save button you will be taken back to this drill path page with your newly saved card added to the bottom of the drill path.