After connecting one or more of your email accounts to Insightly, you can compose email messages directly in your CRM and send them to one or more leads or contacts.
Setting up email templates and customizing your email signature can make writing your standard, personalized emails even easier.
If you are more interested in staging email marketing campaigns for larger groups of recipients, we also offer Insightly Marketing.
When you send emails from Insightly
- You can choose which email address will appear on the "From:" line, provided you have connected more than one account to Insightly.
- The messages will be sent from your own email account (i.e. Gmail, Outlook, etc) and will appear in the Sent folder of your email program.
- You'll receive replies directly in your email account's inbox, not in Insightly.
- All emails sent from Insightly will be saved and linked to the leads or contacts and appear on your Emails tab > My Emails > Sent.
- Schedule emails if you have a Plus, Professional, or Enterprise subscription plan. Send them at a specified time and date within the next 7 days.
- Scheduled emails will apply to the daily limit for the date they are being scheduled. If the limit has been reached for the day you select, the system will notify you. (Trial plans are limited to 100 emails per day.)
- If you need to reschedule email, you will need to delete the email and then recreate it. If you want to cancel an email you have scheduled, you just need to delete the email before the scheduled send date.
If you would prefer to compose and send an email from your default email program and the email address you use to log in to Insightly, you can still click any email address link in Insightly and your browser will open your default email program.
Four ways to start a new email message
- To a single lead or contact: When viewing a lead or contact, click the Actions menu and select Email This Lead or Email This Contact.
- To multiple leads or contacts: From the Leads or Contacts tab, select up to 50 leads or contacts and click the Send Email button. Leads or contacts without email addresses will automatically be removed from the recipients list.
- From the Emails tab: Select the Emails tab and click the New Email button.
- From an email template: Select the Emails tab and then the Email Templates button above the list. Click a template to open it, click the Actions menu, and select New Email from Template.
- Enter your recipients. Leads and contacts can be added by entering their names or email addresses in the To: field. You may select a batch of up to 50 at a time.
- If you have more than one email account connected to Insightly, select the appropriate address from the From: list.
- Click CC/BCC if you'd like to add those fields. Each field can include up to two recipients.
- If you’re using an email template, select a type and then the template.
- Enter or verify the email subject line. A subject line is required. Even if you’re sending emails to many recipients, write the template as if you’re sending it to one individual to make it more personable.
Leaving out punctuation marks like exclamation points will help to keep your email out of recipients’ spam folders.
- Enter or verify the text in the email body. You can format your text using the toolbar options as well as insert hyperlinks to web pages. Use the Insert Fields option to personalize the email for every recipient.
- Click Browse below the email body if you would like to upload a file to attach to the email. Each message can not exceed 20MB in attachments.
- If you would like to edit the email for individual recipients—for example, if you have an added note intended for one, but not all, of the leads or contacts—then click the Preview button.
- In preview mode, you can select each recipient and make changes only to the selected lead's or contact’s email message without affecting the messages to the others. If you use the Back button to return to the Editor, you will lose any changes you’ve made to the individual recipients’ messages.
- Click the Next button to be taken to the Send screen which will allow you to send/schedule the email messages. If you have a Plus, Professional, or Enterprise subscription plan, you can select a date and time to send the messages at a later time. Your emails will be queued up for sending.
- Daily Limit: The number of emails that can be sent from your account per day is limited by your Insightly subscription plan. This limit is per account (i.e., for all your users), not per user.
The daily limit resets at midnight UTC/GMT (Greenwich/London time).
- Batch Limit: To compose a message to a batch of leads or contacts, you may select up to 50 records at a time.
Trial plans are limited to 100 emails per day.