Dashboard cards are the individual charts and graphs that populate your Dashboards. You can display several different cards on each Dashboard and choose from dozens of different types of diagrams.
To rearrange your Dashboard Cards, simply drag and drop the cards on the screen.
Creating a Dashboard card
After you've created a Dashboard, you can begin filling it with cards. Dashboard cards are highly customizable, so there are several different actions you can take.
Below are the very basic steps you'll need to complete a card. There are more steps if you need to customize your cards further, but these are the actions you will always take when creating a card.
- Click Actions and select Create New Card.
- Enter your Chart Title and Chart Description.
- Choose the type of graph or chart you need to display your information.
- Choose your data source from the drop-down menu. It is on Opportunities by default.
- Drag a category from the Categories list to a DROP FIELD HERE box above the chart area.
A category can be text type, dates, or boolean. For example, a lead source would be a category because it is text.
The fields above the chart, like x-axis and y-axis, will vary depending on the chart type you choose.
- Drag a value from the Values list.
A value is a field type that can be measured or used for calculations.
- You can add calculated fields if necessary.
Click Edit to edit or delete the chart summary number. This is a grand total for the data in your chart.
- Click Save.
To learn more about other customization options, such as chart properties and grouping, read Understanding the dashboard card edit page.
As you become familiar with Dashboard Cards, you'll be able to figure out which diagrams will best suit your needs. Try to keep the number of cards you create manageable. If you create too many, you may overlook important data!