Sometimes, a person that's added to your CRM as a lead doesn't turn out to be a lead. That's okay, because you can change the lead to a contact without converting it to a sales opportunity.
To change a lead to a contact:
This can only be performed on one lead at a time and will delete the original lead.
Most of the information from the lead will be transferred to the new contact, but tags, custom fields, and other fields unique to the lead record (like the Lead Source and Lead Score) will not transfer.
- Open the lead record and click Actions.
- Select Change Lead to Contact.
- If your lead includes an organization name, the organization can be created in the same workflow. If the organization already exists, matching names will appear below the field; just click one to select the match.
- Click Change to a Contact.
- The new contact will be displayed with a confirmation message, and the organization will be automatically linked to the contact.