When you need to log a phone call or enter notes about a call or a meeting, you can add them in notes or tasks. You can then create reports in Insightly to track these activities.
Entering a call or meeting as a note
- When viewing a record, click the Related subtab and then click Add Note.
- Enter the note title and text. You can change the note's date to reflect the date of the call or meeting.
- Click Save.
- The new note will appear in the Notes section of the Related subtab.
Logging a call or meeting as a completed task
- When viewing a record, select the Activity subtab, click Add Activity, and select Add New Task.
- Enter the relevant information and select the Completed status. Keep in mind that your administrator can create custom categories, like "Conference call" or "Lunch meeting."
- Click Save. The new task will appear in the Past Activity section of the Activities subtab.