Tasks can be used for a variety of duties, like creating To Do lists, logging meetings and phone calls, and setting up email reminders.
- You can use tasks to create a list of things that need to be done.
- You can also set reminders on tasks to get a handy notification emails.
- Tasks can be linked to contacts, opportunities, projects, organizations, and emails.
- Tasks can be created from emails saved in Insightly.
- You can assign a due date to a task.
- Tasks can also be created against milestones in projects, so you can really get specific in defining what needs to be done for each milestone.
- Tasks can be created in groups via activity sets.
- You can assign or delegate tasks to others for completion. This is an effective way of managing and dividing up work by those responsible in a multi-user scenario.
How do I get an automated feed of my tasks into my calendar application?
If you go to the bottom of your Insightly calendar (click on the calendar icon located in the upper right) you will see links to add an iCalendar or Google calendar feed. We have an article that describes how to use this feature.
How do I set tasks to repeat?
Let's use an example. You want to call a potential customer about a new product line you are selling. You want this task to repeat weekly, until the customer is contacted. When adding the task, click the Repeats list and choose Weekly from the list. When you mark this week's task complete, Insightly will create a new task one week from the current date. Once the task is truly completed, edit the task and click the X next to the repeat option to remove it.
I don't want my other Insightly users to see my tasks. How do I make my tasks private?
To make a task private or public, select the Public or Private option from the Visibility list. To set a default permission level, please refer to the Default Settings section of this article.