There are two ways you can import contacts from Gmail to Insightly:
Export & import via CSV
This import process is faster than importing directly. It also lets you map your data to your chosen fields, including any custom fields you've set up in Insightly.
Import directly from Google
You can also import your contacts through a direct connection with Google. Insightly will import a contact's name, organization, phone, email, and address. Other information will not be imported.
To import your Google Contacts directly:
- Click the Contacts tab in the left navigation bar.
- Click Import Contacts And Notes in the right sidebar. (Click the Show Sidebar button if you need to open the sidebar.)
- Click Setup Google Integration to establish a connection to your Google account. If you've already connected Insightly to Google, you will see an "Import" link instead and can skip to step 5.
- Enter or confirm your Google credentials and click Allow.
Only click the Allow button after confirming that your browser is connecting to the correct Google account. Your account information will be in the upper right corner. (If you do connect to the wrong account, you can view and remove connected apps from your Google account's security settings.)
- Click Import your contacts from Gmail and wait for the contact list from Google to display. This may take 30 minutes or more, depending on the number of contacts and the traffic on Google's servers.
- When the list appears, click the checkboxes to the left of the names and email addresses you'd like to import. You can select the checkbox above the list to select all the contacts.
All your Google contacts will appear on the list, even if they are not in your My Contacts group.
- Click Import Selected Contacts. Contacts with email addresses that match contacts in Insightly will not be imported and will not update the existing Insightly contacts.
- A message will appear at the top of the Contacts page to confirm the import has started. Insightly will send you an email when the import is complete.