When your report includes a numeric field, you can include a calculated summary row to display the sum, average, count, and minimum or maximum of the values in that column. The summary field will be calculated for the entire report and for each group, if you have grouped items. You can have one summary row per numeric field.
You can even use a summary to sum a calculated field, like Expected Revenue for opportunities.
To add summary rows to a report:
- Make sure your report includes a numeric field, like opportunity value, bid amount, or a custom field that you've defined as numeric. Numeric fields are indicated with a # symbol in the Report Fields list.
- Click the Add Summary Field icon above the filter options. The summary fields will appear in the Report Filters and Parameters area.
- Select the column you'd like to summarize. If your report includes only one numeric field, only that column will appear in the list.
- Select the summary type from the following:
- Count - Counts the number of records.
- Sum - Adds up the total of the values in the column.
- Average - Calculates an average of the values in the column.
- Min - Displays the lowest number from the values in the column.
- Max - Displays the highest number from the values in the column.
- Enter a name for the new row which will appear on the report.
- Click the Add button.
- Check the updated preview grid, which will update to display the new summary field at the bottom of the preview.
- If your report contains more numeric fields that you would like summarized, you can add another summary field by repeating the steps above. Each numeric field can have one summary, and the option will no longer appear once all numeric fields have been summarized.
- Click the Save button to save your report.