Many questions need to be asked when running a business. With Insightly's reports, you can build powerful reports to get the answers you need. This overview will guide you through our articles on reporting, with extra information to help you get started.
The first step to building helpful reports is to understand the tools you're working with.
- Get to know your way around. Take a look at the advanced reporting pages to familiarize yourself with the main areas for reports.
- Plan your report. To start building a useful report, think about the question you want answered and where you'll find answers in Insightly.
In this Article
How to Build a Report
- Our creating a custom report article will guide you through building and saving your custom report. Each saved report counts toward your record limit, and free accounts may only save ten reports.
- As you build more powerful reports, you'll want to know more about using report filters and filter logic to include or exclude information and adding summaries to add a row of calculations, like sums, averages, or counts.
- Visualize your data by adding charts to your reports.
- You'll save reports to report folders, which can be private or shared with your Insightly colleagues.
- Check common troubleshooting steps if you're having trouble getting a report with the right results.
Working with Reports
- Once a report is saved, you can manually run it at any time.
- Export a report to examine the raw data or import to a reporting tool like Power BI.
- You can modify reports or create new ones by editing an existing report. It's a good idea to make a copy of a report before making changes to it.
- Reports can be automatically sent by email at specified times with scheduled reports or when an alert is triggered. These features are available on Insightly paid plans.
Custom Reports Video Demo
Watch a demo video of Insightly's Advanced CRM Reporting on YouTube.