When building a report, you may want to group records by a specific date or time. For example, you might want to review Opportunities won in the last year, month over month.
To do this, you will need to update the data formatting for the date/time field. Any date or time fields can then be used to group the records by a specific period.
Users can also format multiple date/time fields on one report, which can have different formats. We recommend using one date/time field per grouping, however.
To format date and time fields
- Go to Reports. Open a report.
- Find the date/time field you want to use, such as the Date Created or Date Due fields.
- Click the three-dot menu on the field and select Format Column Data.
- Click the dropdown under Choose Date Format and select a format.
- Click the dropdown under Choose Time Format and select a format. This dropdown also has options to include a time without a date or to not show a time.
- Click Save Format.
- Drag the date/time field to the grouping section.
- Click Save.