Visualizing report data gives viewers a quick way of digesting information, and online charts provide up-to-date details when you need them. You are only able to add a single chart to a report.
To add a chart to a report:
- Click the Reports tab.
- Create or open a report that is grouped by at least one field, or add grouping to an existing report. If you want to plot something other than a count of records, such as a sum, averages, or minimum/maximum, add a summary row.
- Click the Chart icon above the report parameters.
- The chart panel will display your options for the Chart Type, Chart Properties, and a Chart Preview, which displays up to 10 records.
- Select the type of chart you'd like for this report. Insightly includes eight different chart types:
- Line Chart - A chart that depicts data points connected together by straight line.
- Vertical Bar - A graph that presents data through rectangular bars that are aligned vertically.
- Horizontal Bar - A graph that presents data through rectangular bars that are aligned horizontally.
- Pie Chart - A circular graph that is divided into portions that create a whole. Pie charts will not display the callout value and percentage for values that are smaller than 5%.
- Donut Chart - Similar to a pie chart, however this chart type cuts out the center of the circular graph to display additional data.
- Area Chart - A chart used to represent quantitative data. Area charts are often used to represent data that shifts with time.
- Scatter Chart - Data that is displayed as a collection of points on a graph that are used to find a relationship between variables. Scatter charts need data that is grouped by at least one numeric and one non-numeric field.
- Funnel Chart - A chart typically used to reflect stages in a sales process. Funnel charts are only available for opportunities and projects. They will sort data from high to low values except in the case of Pipeline stages, which sort from first stage to last. If you have multiple Pipelines, filter the report to focus on the stages of a single Pipeline.
- Stacked bar charts are not available.
- Enter a title for the chart.
- Select from the other property values (X-Axis, Y-Axis, Values, etc.) to build your chart. The available properties will depend on which chart type you select.
- Click Save Chart to save your changes.
- Click Save or Save As at the top of the page to save the changes to your report.
Now, when you run the report, the chart will appear. You can mouse over a chart element to view more details, and you can click an item in the legend to hide or show the selected data in the chart.
And you can make changes to the chart by editing the report and clicking the Edit or Delete icons above the chart and on the right.
What else should I know?
A few other things to know before you get started with charts:
- A chart preview will display up to 10 data points along the X-axis to help you get things set up. The final saved chart will display a maximum of 50 data points.
- When field values are empty, Insightly will group these values under a data point labeled "None."
- If you'd like to filter out the empty values, filter the field with the "Is not empty" option.
- Charts are not included when the table data is exported.
- Colors, data point formats, and data labels cannot be customized.