It's a good idea to create a new copy of an existing report before editing it, keeping the original as a backup.
To change a report's name, location, or parameters—like filters and summaries:
- Click the folder name that contains the report you'd like to change and then click the report name.
- Open the Report Editor by clicking the pencil/Edit icon.
- To edit the report, make your changes to the fields, filters, and summaries that you'd like to modify, just as you would when creating a new report.If you have an active alert for the report, you won't be able to edit a related summary row unless you deactivate the alert. This is because the alert uses summary calculations as its trigger.
- To make changes to a report's chart, click the Edit or Delete icons above the chart.
- To change the name of a report or the folder where it is saved, click the Report Properties button to edit those properties.
To restrict who can edit reports, there is a checkbox on Report properties modal for the editing restrictions. When the checkbox is checked (enabled), only the report owner and administrators can edit or delete the report, all other users will see edit and delete option as disabled. This includes bulk editing as well.
- Click the Save button or—if you'd like to create a new copy—click the down arrow next to the button and select Save As.