Insightly Administrators on any plan can edit default page layouts. If you are on a Professional or Enterprise plan, you can create additional page layouts.
In this Article
Creating and Editing Page Layouts
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields. Select the object you want to create a layout for.
- Under Object Management, select Page Layouts.
- On accounts using Advanced Permissions, click New Layout or choose an existing layout.
If your account is set to Simple Permissions, you will only be able to select and change the default layout from the list (you can skip to step 7).
- When creating a new layout, enter a unique name — a layout cannot share a name with an existing layout. You can choose to clone an existing layout to start out with.
- Click Create Page Layout.
- Drag fields from the Available Fields list onto the Highlights Bar. Hover over each field on the Highlights Bar to move the fields or click the trashcan icon to remove them.
- Click the gear icon to the far right of the tabs (Details tab, Related tab, etc). From the dropdown that appears, select which tab should appear by default when the record is first opened.
- Click the gear icon in the Details section. Click the checkbox to hide fields that have no value from appearing on the record’s Details tab.
- Drag and drop fields from the Available Fields list into your layout. Use the Search box at the top of the Available Fields list to quickly find a specific field. If the field is grayed out, it has already been added to the page.
- To edit a field's settings — like making it a required field for this layout — hover over the field and click the gear icon to the right. Insightly's required fields, such as Contact Name, cannot be edited or deleted.
- If you need to create a new section, drag the New Section field from the Available Fields list onto the page layout.
- Click Save Layout.
The Related tab that is located in several CRM and Marketing records contains grid lists of each record that is linked to a record. For example, you can review how many contacts are linked to one specific contact. Admins can configure Page Layouts to hide custom Related grid list that has no records to display.
For example, the list for linked organization records would appear on a contact record that is connected to at least one organization, but if a separate contact record isn’t linked to any organizations, the organization grid list would not appear on that specific record.
The Page Layout editor can be used to add, remove, and rearrange lists of related records. The options that appear in the editor are determined by the Lookup Relationship fields that have already been created.
Configuring the Related Tab
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields. Select an object.
- Under Object Management, select Page Layouts. Click the page layout's link.
- Under the Highlights Bar, click the Related tab.
- On the left side of the layout editor, locate the column labeled Available Lists. This is where you can find all the fields that can appear on your Related tab. To add a list, drag the field from the column to the page layout.
- To rearrange your lists, hover over a section. Click and drag the list up or down the page.
- To remove a list, hover over the section until the trash can and gear icons appear. Click the trash icon to remove the list from your related tab.
- To change the visible columns that appear in a related records list, hover over the section until the trash can and gear icons appear. Click the gear icon.
- To add a column, select it from the Available Columns list and click the right arrow. To remove a column, select it from the Visible Columns list and click the left arrow. Use the up and down arrows to change the order of the Visible Columns.
- Use the Sort By dropdown to determine which field the list will be sorted by. Use the Sort Type dropdown to determine if the list is sorted in ascending or descending order.
- Admins can configure page layouts to hide any custom Related tab grid lists that have no records to display.
- For example, a list for linked organization records would appear on a contact record that is connected to at least one organization, but if a separate contact record isn’t linked to any organizations, the organization grid list would not appear on that specific record.
- Check the Hide Related List if No Records to Display checkbox.
- The Related List setting can be restored to the default fields, ordering, and sorting. To undo your edits, click Restore to Default.
- Click Save Changes.
- When you are done configuring the related tab, click Save Layout.
Editing Page Layouts Via the Page Render Details Modal
This feature is only available to administrators.
- Open any individual record. Click the security icon located in the layouts header.
- The Page Render Details modal will appear. Click the Edit Layout hyperlink displayed to the right of the Page Layout field.
- Using the object’s page layout designer, make changes and click Save Layout when finished.
Restoring the Default Layout
If you make changes to a default page layout, you can restore it back to its original layout.
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Select an object. Go to Page Layouts.
- Find the default layout and click the three-dot menu.
- Select Restore to Default Layout.